Sunday, November 2, 2008

College Page

I have been in a digital learning tornado since this coarse began! I really am learning by the seat of my pants! I am such a hands on, person to person type of learner, and do not yet have a lot of confidence when it comes to using the internet as a tool. This is new territory for me. It took a bit of time to figure my way around the web-CT site and find out when assignments are due, how to submit work and get everything in on time. But, already, I can sense that it is getting easier for me. I just bought my very first computer and am having fun learning what it can do for me. I like to write, write by hand on real paper! This is what I am comfortable with. I know that this is such an archaic way of thinking, but on a psychological level, I rely on hard copies of documents and work more that I can with online assignments and conversations.
It would have been helpful to have met with you and the entire class so that we were all on the same page about this class. I think there was a lot of confusion at first. The acclimation into the rhythm of this coarse took a lot of focus and energy. We are in the middle of big presentations and finals in our Theories coarse, so I have been feeling overloaded with work. But, I do realize that this is the nature of Graduate work, but I really hope that my learning curve for this class won't take too long!

No comments: